Upstate NY Babies

Dyed Rice

My MIL bought Belle a water table for Christmas so I decided to dye some rice for it so she can use it in the winter. She loves the rice table at school so hopefully she will love it as much at home. I found a super easy recipe and the colors came out great. Thought some of you might like the recipe for your water tables that don't get much use in the winter. I know a couple of you have been building playrooms for the kiddos.

I poured 4 cups of long grain white rice into a gallon size ziploc bag. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons food coloring. I bought a pack of neon colors and the bottles were really small so I used a whole bottle. Then add 3 tablespoons rubbing alcohol. Mix all together and then spread in a pan to dry. The directions said to lay it in the sun and it dries within 10 minutes. Since I did it last night I left it over night and it was completely dry this morning.

It took all of 20 minutes to do two colors. Like I said the colors are so bright. Thought I would share the directions! Also if you don't have a water table the blog that I found the directions on just used a plastic tote as a sensory table.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml