August 2012 Moms
Options

A WW08/12D question

Okay, here is the situation:

I have had good bets numbers so far: 242 at 16dpo and 1342 at 21dpo.  Traveling made me delay getting those drawn at 14 and 16 dpo as they would normally be.  I was fine waiting.

Now the RE would like to do my first u/s the week after Christmas.  We will be with the ILs for the weekend through the extended family Christmas celebration on Monday evening.  Then we fly to Cali for the 27th through the 2nd.  So, my u/s is scheduled for the 3rd.  They said, "Well, if you come back early or something comes up, call us."  Clearly they are not used to people putting off u/s...

My hubs mentioned that we could drive home on Monday, get the u/s, drive back for the celebration, then drive home before flying out.  It is an hour and a half drive.

Cons: Lots of driving, and possibly a little early for a heartbeat.  Might cause more stress than peace.

Pros: Getting to see that the pregnancy is in utero and progressing, maybe see a fetal pole/ heartbeat.  Possible peace of mind. And we will have someone to watch Harper so DH could come to the appt. 

Would you make the drive or wait the extra week?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml