2nd Trimester

mold!!!!

Ugh! Sometimes I truly hate the previous owners of our 1950s townhouse! They apparently had some weird fascination with wallpaper; they literally wallpapered EVERY surface in this house (including ceilings; I'm NOT joking)! Unfortunately, I guess they then got tired of it and painted LAYERS upon layers of paint over it all!!!! DH has just started working on the nursery, and wanted to start sanding down a weird bumpy area of the wall beneath the window. We didn't realize that was also wallpapered. Upon figuring this out, he couldn't just patch over the bumpy part, as the wallpaper started coming up. So he's stripping the whole room. Which is fine. The only problem is that he's now uncovered mold that was trapped under the wallpaper on the plaster wall! I'm happy we're finding it now, so that we can get everything cleaned up and properly taken care of before baby boy arrives, but I;m very worried. I am highly allergic to alot of things, and mold is one of them. I'm worried for when he starts sanding the actual plaster; I read somewhere that plaster walls from the 50s could contain asbestos. I'm going to be staying with my parents when he starts the sanding/painting, and he'll be wearing a mask, as well as taping the air vents/door shut while he's working. But I'm just worried in general. Does anyone here have experience with this? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml