Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Please help!

I'm at my witts end here. DD is having a hard time gaining weight. She was born 7lbs 12oz. She then lost more than the usual weight and dropped to 6lbs 14oz. She has reflux and was put on Prevacid. And also put on Nutramigen formula. She is now almost 6weeks and only weights 8lbs 7oz. The Dr. is assuming she has allergies and is now telling us to boil the Nutramigen to remove even more allergens. This is making the formula and then boiling it. I have NEVER heard of this before and I have no idea what to do. I am going along with it and going to boil it and see what happens but I jsut don't see how this is going to help her gain weight? We have another dr. apt on Monday to check her as we have been at the dr's once to twice a week since she's been born. We have already tried soy and that didn't work at all. She screamed badly after eating it. Have any of you had issues with your LO gaining weight? Have any of you heard of boiling Nutramigen? I'm so fuming that we can't figure this out! I've tried googling boiling Nutramigen to no avail.

P.S. I may post and run I believe LO #1 is waking up from nap.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml