Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Insatiable! Always hungry.

Gaaaaaahhh! My LO is a bottomless pit. He is SO HUNGRY. I bottle feed EBM and formula. He's a big guy -- 5 weeks yesterday, about 11 lbs and 23.5 inches -- and is eating anywhere from 4-6 oz every 2-3 hrs during the day and every 3-4 hrs all night. The OWT about big babies being better sleepers is total BS for us. I had to move him up to medium-flow nipples earlier this week, and I keep having to top him off with extra ounces after feedings until he's satisfied (I start at 4 and then add a 5th or 6th if he needs it). He doesn't have any gradual hunger signals during the day either. He goes from sleeping or wiggling happily to frantic and wailing like we're trying to starve him. He even gives us the pouty lip so we'll know he means business. lol

He's wearing me out! At this rate he'll be 6 ft and 200 lbs by kindergarten. I know he's too young, but I'm seriously tempted to try rice cereal. Anybody else have a baby who always thinks s/he's starving? What's your routine like? How are you dealing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image