South Florida Babies
Options

S/O: Vent on Gifts

DH's family is pretty big and Matthew and Rachel are the only kids in the family.  Every year they do a Secret Santa with the adults.  Last year we participated and Matthew sat there while all the adult opened up their gifts.  Matthew didn't get squat from anyone in the family!  Even one cousin gave a gift to another cousin's teenager!  The kid was just playing with the wrapping paper.  Am I wrong to be offended? My kids don't need anything from anyone, but it's pretty sh!tty that they only focus on adults.   Other than the religious part of Christmas, isn't it about the kids?  Their Christmas party is going to be at 10pm this Saturday at his uncles house (an hour away from us) and DH asked if they could make it earlier because of the kids.  They told him we could get there at 9. 

I'm supposed to be getting a phone call today to talk about Secret Santa. DH and I refuse to partake in this again.  This is going to be Matthew's 3rd Christmas and I plan on taking wrap gifts for him and I'm going to hand them out to each of DH's douchebag family members so that they can give it to him.  Passive aggressive, I know.  Screw with me fine, but mess with my kids and your doomed!!!  lol