Single Parents

Need some encouragement, please!

So I moved out last Saturday (12/3).  Some friends of mine were kind enough to let DS and I stay with them for a month or two until I can get a job and figure out other living arrangements. 

DS and I are having a very hard time adjusting to the new place.  We share a room in the basement, so we hear people stomping around upstairs (they have two kids), the dog running, the furnace kicking on constantly, etc.  Also, it's very cold in the basement and there are spiders everywhere.  I know I should simply be grateful to them for letting us stay, but it's hard when DS and I are sleep deprived and feeling misplaced.  We both just want to go home, because it's so hard to be living in someone else's home and not have our own stuff around us.  I'm trying to be strong and stick it out and remember that this is just temporary.  It's just so hard.  And on top of that, I'm lonely.  I don't miss being married to my stbxh, but I just miss being married in general.  And I'm overwhelmed by everything I have to figure out - the calls I have to make, the jobs I have to apply for, etc.  I know I made the right decision by leaving him, but this has been a difficult week.  How long before things start getting better?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest