Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you use the copper IUD for birth control come on in

I just had my postpartum midwife visit and we talked birth control.  Originally i was expecting the hubby to get a vasectomy, but much to my surprise after the arrival of our first (and surprise, unplanned little one) he thinks he might want another.  Soooo....i am back to thinking about birth control.

I have been on one form or another of hormonal birth control for 15+ years.  Did all sorts of varieties of the pill.  Then switched to the ring about 5 years ago.  Got pregnant on the ring. Still have no idea how that happened.  used it in exactly the same way i always did.  Just didn't work that month.

I told the midwife i really would like to try something non-hormonal as i have always believed the birth control pills (and the ring to some extent) lowered my sex drive, gave me headaches and all the other side effects.

She gave me info on Mirena and the cooper IUD.  After reading both i am seriously considering the copper IUD.  Many of the mirena side effects look the same as what i experienced on birth control pills and i really don't want that again.

Curious what other experience has been if you used or have used the copper IUD.  What was it like to have inserted?  Any problems with it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml