Upstate NY Babies

Vent.. doing favors

I am starting to feel really frustrated about going out of my way to do nice things and being taken advantage of!!

Couple of months ago, I was trying to coordinate with a woman that was desperate for donations for her organization.  Then she didn't get back to me, so I had all this stuff in my car, then I moved it back into my garage, it was a huge pain.  So I donated it to the Schoharie flood victims instead.  It was a lot of work hauling all those boxes and stuffing my car to the gills.

Now I have some furniture to donate and they were supposed to come before Thanksgiving, so it is in my garage ready to go.  I busted my butt to get that stuff ready and in my garage -- by myself too, because DH is never hoe - so now I can't put my car in the garage.  And I can't get a response from anyone.  

Then my friend had a baby and I asked her if there were some items she'd like, brand new or like new stuff that my girls were done with - and she was so excited.  She was supposed to pick up the stuff, but then she never responded to repeated e-mails, so finally I drove to her place and left it on her porch.

I don't get it - like if someone wants to go out of their way to be a good friend or do a good deed, why would you do that to them?

I have friends that give me their kid's hand me downs or do/give me other stuff, have lent me their maternity clothes, and I am eternally grateful.  I show my thanks, express it vocally, and I even give nice gift cards.  I don't expect something in return for a good deed, but why can't people respect my time and energy?  *sigh*  (and I would just take it to goodwill, but I'm trying to get the furniture to people in dire need of it)