Single Parents

Visitation Help

Short story h is off his rocker (court agreed) and we are now living about 3 hrs away from each other.  He is very unbalanced and unpredictable.  I have tried to set up an eow supervised visit scheduled.  We should be seeing him this weekend.  I had arranged for him to come this way with a place to stay and food provided at no cost to him.  Now he has no transportation and is leaving it up to me to make the arrangements to head his way.  On top of this I had arranged him to be here for a 3 day visit.  So now he expects/wants me to stay that way for 3 days.  I can't afford this.  I have no where there that I can think of to do a supervised visit and I don't feel safe around him alone.  The only solution he has is his father's who witnessed me getting hit and then told the cops that it never happened.  (So that to me is out of the question.)  Should I just give up on trying to see him?  Do I need to try harder to set something up?  Am I wrong here?  All week he mentioned his moms as a back up place to have visitation.  He never cleared it with his mom and stepdad and they have to work all weekend and won't be around.  I don't know what to do.  I don't want to keep him from his daughter.  But he isn't giving me any room to work with and thinks I'm unreasonable to want supervised visits.  I'll be honest I am still holding out hope that they will find the right medicine and therapy to help my husband so we can be a family again.  I'm not ready to give up on him and still love him.  But I am trying to do whats right for my daughter by using my (and my therapist) head not my heart in all this.  Any ideas or insight?    
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml