Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When should I stop "spoiling" my newborn?

So we have headed the advice that you can't spoil a newborn.  By spoil, I mean, we do whatever it takes to sooth the baby.  Mine started sleeping in his crib last weekend, and makes it through the night with no problems (for now - haha)  My question is, during the day, his nap schedule is still kinda random, and he usually naps in his bouncy chair with the vibrate on, or in his swing turned on the fastest mode.  I don't do anything special as far as reducing noise, and he naps just fine.  Is this still okay, or is he too old for this (10 weeks, yesterday).  When should we start pushing naps in the crib?

Also, he has to be swaddled anytime he sleeps, and most of the time he is awake.  If we don't swaddle him, he lasts about 5 minutes before he gets himself worked up into tears.

I just want to make sure that we aren't starting any bad habits by not napping in the crib and swaddling him all the time. Thanks for any advice you all have!

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker