Upstate NY Babies

Went on the Polar Express last night

We went on the 6pm train (out of Saratoga).  I left my house (near Albany) at 4:30, and I pulled in the train station at like 5:46.  We were going to stop at McD's on the way, but that didn't happen!  Traffic was a nightmare and the Northway was going at a crawl most of the way.  Barely made it on the train in time.

On the ride they played music, story of the Polar Express while they showed the book.  There were elves on board and the homeless guy from the book.  They served cookies and hot chocolate (and we got an awesome souvenir mug).

The "North Pole" was pretty much a joke, and I'm surprised - I thought this Polar Express got rave reviews.  On each side of the train there were like 4 outlines of buildings, with little "windows" lit up with a silhouette of an elf inside.  The train stopped and headed back to the station and then Santa came on and gave the kids bells.

DD absolutely loved it, and she has literally been ringing that bell since she got it at 7pm last night (!!).  I thought it was a little overpriced ($101 for the two of us), but DD had an amazing time.  So glad I didn't bring my 2 year old, no way she would have sat the whole time, and not worth another $100.