Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What gives? Drowsy but awake...fail?

DD has gas issues which have had her sleeping ON us, on her tummy for weeks. If not, she will wake after several minutes grunting and eventually crying. Well, she's 8 weeks now and will sleep 4-6 hour stretches at night so I really want to get her into her own space (PnP in our room) so I can finally start getting decent sleep. I want to try laying her down drowsy but awake (since our son had issues with waking when put down fully asleep. He couldn't get himself back to sleep). This afternoon, she was drowsy from nursing and I put her in the PnP swaddled with white noise. She put herself to sleep ok...but woke up after 20 min. fussing, which led to crying.  So, I picked her up, got her drowsy again then put her down. She fell asleep then woke soon after crying.  Repeat. Until now she is delirious and passed out on my shoulder :(

How do I get her into her own space?! She is swaddled for all sleep (night and naps). Help! Do I just keep trying?? It's an exhausting dance to do all day...I can't even imagine all night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml