Babies: 0 - 3 Months

To glide or not to glide?

Hi ladies!  I'm coming over from 3rd tri to get your opinion on gliders.

My MIL gave us money to buy one and I've always had the opinion that is was a necessity.  I've always used one when it was available during babysitting jobs or when I was a nanny and think it would be a good feeding and soothing tool.

We have a stationary chair and ottoman in our living room but it's DH's chair and even though he's offering it to me I don't think he understands how often I"ll be using it (I'm BF).  DH wants to use the money from his mom ($500) towards a new king sized mattress.  We do need a mattress and are planning on getting one in the next 4 or 5 months but our current mattress is awful (DH refused to get one 2 years ago when I brought up saving for/buying a new one) and the sooner we can get one the better.  If we use the money from MIL we could buy it at Christmas.  We'd be moving from a queen to a king and that would mean that DH could come back to our bed instead of sleeping in the guest room.

So what do you think?  Can you live without your glider or would it have made your first few months that much harder?

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers