Single Parents

I want to leave...

I think I need to leave my DH.  We have a 2y/o DD and I?m six months pregnant now.  It?s not that he?s cheated or been physically abusive, but I have realized that we have very different goals in life.  I want to be a family and make that my focus.  He is more interested in hanging out with his friends, spending money we don?t have on his hobbies, and not doing his part in keeping up our home and lawn.  He makes no effort to spend time with me or DD, but will drop everything and go to his buddy?s house for hours on end.  We have talked and fought over these same issues for months. 

He obviously sees no problem because I take care of the house, our kid, getting bills paid, etc., while he gets to do what he wants to do.  I don?t see it changing, and, while he has not outright refused, he has said he doesn?t think counseling would help and doesn?t want to do it. 

I feel sure he loves our DD, but I don?t think he wants to be a husband and father.  Just providing financially is not enough.  I need emotional support.  I feel like I would rather go through divorce, single parent all on my own, and stop getting my feelings hurt when he doesn?t make our family his priority repeatedly. Is this worth leaving him, when I know I have very little hope of it ever getting better?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker