Babies: 0 - 3 Months

10 yr old nephew didn't seem to know what breastfeeding is

With DS1, I used to leave the room with him to feed him, unless I was around my family.  I decided I was done with that, especially because of not wanting to leave DS1 for so long.  I was feeding DS2 at my BIL's house yesterday under a nursing cover.  My nephew asked where he was and I just said he was "under here."  I told him I was feeding him and he looked confused.  He questioned how I was doing it and I told him I was nursing him.  He looked at me with an even more confused look.  He asked something about how I was giving him the milk and thankfully, he got sidetracked or someone else started talking to him then.  I wasn't sure what else to say.  It's not his fault that he doesn't know.  His mom didn't breastfeed any of them and it is not that common for kids to be exposed to it in public.  Even if they did see someone nursing in public, it would probably include a baby hidden from view under a cover.  I'm just glad that my boys will grow up knowing what it is and won't think anything of it when they see someone nursing their baby.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); Spotting started 8/14/10 (5w2d); Heartbeat of 152bpm on 8/24/10 (6w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); 12/8 - hCG 157, progesterone 19.4; 12/10 - hCG 37, progesterone 2; Spotting started 12/9; Natural miscarriage 12/12 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Due November 18; 3rd beta - 14,000 on 5w5d
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker