Upstate NY Babies

NBR: Mouse in the House

UGHHHH - I feel like my house is sooo dirty ... We have a mouse in our house... He is eluding capture. I have tried two different traps (the kind that kill them but you cant see them), and in the first trap he was able to eat the peanut butter without getting caught, and he the has avoided the second trap, I think. Or has managed to just not get caught in the second trap (you cant access the peanut butter in the same way as the first trap, but it looks like he hasnt eaten the pb).

Anyways, he is hiding out under my sink, mear the microwave and in the drawer under the oven... I havent found any "trace" (re:droppings) of him anywhere else.

I know its prob because of the weather change, and I need to put traps in the garage and in the kitchen, but really, I just feel gross and get all skeeved out.

I mean my house isnt spotless - it is comfortably messy, I call it, but the idea of having a mouse makes me feel like one of the extreme cases on hoarders .. and I have a fear that if I dont catch this mouse ASAP, then I will have an infestation on my hands.