Los Angeles Babies
Options

Schlick Photography- BEWARE!!!

I just wanted to let new parents know that Schlick Photography is run in an extremely unprofessional way- do not count on getting newborn photos from them! I made an appointment with Courtney months in advance of my due date for a week after my due date (as she confirmed that newborn pictures are best taken 7-10 days after birth). I made the appointment based on a positive review I read on thebump.com and did not make any other appointments (most photographers book up months in advance, more so around the holidays). I had my concerns because she was not very responsive via email and never returned phone calls, but she finally provided her fall pricing and I was excited for the photo shoot of my son. On the day before the scheduled appointment she asked to reschedule to the next day. I agreed and prepared for the shoot. She emailed me additional preparations to make the night before. On the morning of the new appointment date, she emails me to say that she is sick and won't be able to make it and the next available appointment is in two and half weeks. I asked if she could fit us in sooner (given my son would then be almost a month old and it would not give us time to get holiday cards together) and even offered to come to the studio and she made no effort to accomodate and even implied I am a bad mom stating she would prioritize the safety of children before coming to shoot photos while she is sick. Obviously I meant for us to reschedule when she is not sick, but not two and a half weeks later when it is too late to capture the "newborn" look of my son! She has a baby and perfectly understands this but was unapologetic, inflexible and rude. I want to warn others so that you don't end up in the same predicament with no one to take your newborn photos...