Upstate NY Babies

NBR - internet/phones/tv

We have had Verizon for (non-smart) cell phone and Time Warner for internet and regular cable.  We don't have a home phone.

We just got new cell phones last night - our contract with Verizon was up about a month ago.  We ended up switching to AT&T.  We ended up getting free iphones - they are the iphone 3 which I think is like 2 i phones ago right?  We did the mobile hot spot and are using that as our internet at home - like my laptop and dh's desktop connects to the at&t internet.  And we are planning on having direct tv installed this weekend I think and dropping time warner all together.  Crazy that with better phones and more channels (and finally dvr!!!) , but we are looking at saving about $60 a month the first year, then $30 a month the second year (bc direct tv price goes up).  I just hope that we don't regret it and are stuck for 2 years.

It may be something to look into if you are up for upgrades soon.  It wouldn't be worth it if you watch movies on the internet though....the AT&T people asked us that bc we would use too much memory or something.  I am pretty sure that all plans have this mobile hot spot thing, but for us, AT&T was quite a bit cheaper than Verizon.  But we didn't look at Sprint or TMobile or anyone else.