Babies: 0 - 3 Months

? if your breast pump was covered by insurance

Turns out my insurance will cover breast pumps.  Unfortunately, apparently this is rare for my insurance company and I'm on one of a handful of plans where this is covered and nobody at the company was able to give me much information about the process of getting one (multiple people stated they weren't even aware that the company ever covered them but when they looked up my plan details they did confirm that it states they are covered 100%).  I was given the contact # for a durable medical equipment company that my insurance contracts with but all they could tell me was to have my doctor fax over a script but weren't sure what info needed to be on the script (ie. a diagnosis or specified type of pump, etc). 

So, my question....any of you whose pump was covered by insurance - did you have an actual "medical" reason like feeding issues, or were you able to get one just for being a working mom or some other non-medical reason?  How long did the process take from getting prescription to actually getting the pump - I'm afraid it will take several weeks and I will need the pump before then.  Did you have any choice in the pump?  Any advice is appreciated, thanks!