Single Parents

What would be reasonable?

This is thinking ahead a bit but we'll go back to court in December.  XH has already made it clear that he will be trying for overnight visitation.  I am not ok with this for a number of reasons.  In case you don't know our history he didn't see P for a full year (due to drug addiction and being in and out of jail), and just saw him for the first time again in July.  He has three hours of supervised visitation a week, right now, and I have full physical and legal custody.

I would be willing to consider a short amount of time of unsupervised visits, provided that he does not drive with DS, because he does not have a drivers license.  This is one of the reasons I don't think overnight is reasonable.  Also, given his criminal and drug history I think it's ridiculous to think he'd get overnights with only eight months of sobriety.  Baby steps, is what I told him but he doesn't understand that.

Does 2-3 hours/week of unsupervised visitation at a place such as the park or at his grandparents home (who I am comfortable with) seem reasonable?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml