Single Parents

*rchabalie*

"My husband knew about this before he married me. Our wedding was planned for January 2011, and I found out I was pregnant at the end of December. I put it out there on the table so that I didn't "trap" him in a marriage, and then tell him the truth. Sorry that I came upon this board. "

I am feeling happy and generous today, so I will give you some non-angry, honest advice. Everyone does stupid things, you IMO did something really stupid (sorry)... BUT you have a child that deserves the best environment possible. So I will offer some suggestions: 

This is a little late, but I think you rushed into this marriage. Now that you are in it you need to do a few things.

Get a lawyer: They will help you navigate the legal stuff. The laws are very different state to state.

Get into couseling: It might benefit you and your H to go together during this emotional process. It will give you a safe place to vent.

The other man wants visitation? Let him file for it. Let him file for the DNA test too. I would be ready with a lawyer, but it is up to him to make the first move.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml