Single Parents

Thank you SP

You never know who is lurking on these boards.  We all laugh and throw up snark at stupid some times.  But sometimes a post or two can lead to a life changing moment for a stranger.  I left my husband last week.  I probably would have already given in to stupid and gone back if it wasn't for chunkymunkey's post.  Why is it so easy to read about someone else going thru something so close to home and want to give advice that I couldn't/hadn't followed myself.  So thank you for the wakeup ladies.  Not to say I won't need it again bc this is no cake walk but thanks for being there in the future too.  

And my short version of an intro bc I'm all over the place these days and yall have no idea who I am or whats my story:

I've been married for almost 4 yrs/ dated for 6 to a recovering addict/alcoholic.  Recovery has been tough but very successful up until the birth of dd.  Dh slipped and used after many yrs of staying clean.  During his latest recovery Dh seems to have really messed up his brain and how it functions.  It started off as being very over protective of dd to now where he is seeing and hearing things all the time.  Very similar to some crime show where a very peaceful and loving man  turns into a monster.  Because I cant see the kids/lasers/machines all around my house at all hours of the day and night dh started lashing out in anger towards me.  Swinging at me but stopping right before he hits me.  He hasn't stopped fast enough every time.  Now he's threatening that any child/teen who steps on our yard is going to meet the end of his bat.  I of course live in a pathetic state that believes after waiting 10 days they maybe able to get all the paperwork lined up to do a psych hold sometime next week then again maybe not.  Meanwhile the cops all know of his threats and are patrolling our house all the time.  I got out of there and took dd to family 3 hours away.  I had to walk away from my job of 8 years. daycare, friends, church.  No one knows where I am or whats going on bc Im embarrassed and worried about everyones safety.  All i can do is sit and wait.  All i can do is hope nobody goes near our house. (I warned all the parents on our street).  Without you ladies I might have gone back and tried to fix dh by myself.  I'm smarter than that.  I'll put my faith in God and a really well trained medical team to help dh.  In the end if there is hope maybe we can rebuild.  But in the meantime I'm going to have to get a lot tougher for my dd's sake.  Thanks again.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml