June 2012 Moms

Planes & Newborns???

Ok, so there is a giant family reunion planned around two sick family members. The date is not changing and EVERYONE will be there (4 of my cousins and I are nurses...which is IMPOSSIBLE to get our schedules to match) It is an 18 hour drive for me. I am due June 1. My daughter was 3.5 weeks early, so its safe to say I MIGHT be a bit early with this one too. That puts me having a 4 week old if I deliver on my due date. 

Have you ever flown with a newborn? Would you? Would you change that opinion if you had one family member with a brain tumor, a great grandmother and a grandmother who is very sick? 

Anyone know the rules to flying with a newborn? Is it even allowed? I really don't want to do this, but I can't see driving 18 hours with a new baby either. 

Also, with my daughter my cousin (we are all very close) was married towards the end of my pregnancy. The doc told me not do do the 8 hour drive or the 2 hour flight because I was high risk. I've always regretted not being there. That was a hard one to miss.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml