Upstate NY Babies

WWYD?

I posted awhile ago about picking out bedding for DD's new bedroom and big girl bed. My Mom offered to buy it for her for xmas. I picked out the one I liked (you might remember it was chocolate brown) and emailed her the links. Well, she decided to go out on her own and buy one on clearance from bon-ton that looks nothing like it. Basically the comforter is the same color as the walls with different colored polka dots on it. She bought an entire set (pillow shams/comforter/throw pillows/bedskirt) for $40.  The one we chose would have cost her at least $200. I knew she wouldnt want to spend that kind of money but insisted on still buying it for her. Honestly, i dont really like the set she bought-its ok, but not what I pictured for her room at all. And we have to buy window treatments and now I have no idea what color to get (I was going to do long choc brown drapes to go with the other set). So...WWYD-suck it up and keep the set and use it or buy the other set yourself and make Mom upset? Since she bought it on clearance, she can't return it. Oh, and shes already gone out and bought a ton of accessories to go with it.