Single Parents

Child Support Opinions

My friends think that I'm wrong that I want the father to be legally obligated to pay child support once the baby is born. They are telling me that taking him to court is the wrong thing to do, and I should just let him pay as he's able. He is vehmently against being ordered by the court to pay it. He thinks I should be content with him paying whatever whenever.

I believe that I should involve the Attorney General, as it keeps everyone honest. They make him the legal father. They set up custody and visitation. They deduct the payments via payroll. He can't miss one, and I can't say I never received it. I think this is the most intelligent and responsible thing to do. I think part of his motivation is that he doesn't want to pay the state mandated 20%. He wants to be able to pay less. The man makes 16K more a year than I do, and I while I don't exactly make bank, I do ok. Is it wrong to think that he can afford to pay a little more than 100$ a month? Is it wrong to get the AG involved when we were never married? Unlike my friends who would be getting divorced in a similar situation, I won't have a divorce decree to protect me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml