June 2012 Moms

Vent - Got a lecture from OB's receptionist

I originally had my first prenatal appointment set for November 9th, however, when I went in for my first u/s at my RE's office yesterday I found that my doctor of record is on vacation this week.  Since the doctor who saw me is not familiar with my hsitory, she said she'd like me to come in next week (on the 10th) to have my doctor of record do another u/s and offiically "release" me and my records.  I'm fine with that - another u/s works for me.

So this morning I call the OB's office to reschedule my appointment to the following week.  Up front I preface by saying that I want to wait until my RE does a second u/s and releases my records because I've done a lot of testing in the last six months and insurance is not going to pay to re-run tests that were done this calendar year.  I mention that I'd like the OB to know what's been done (i.e. pap, STD testing, HIV testing, cystic fibrosis testing, etc.) so we're not repeating tests I'll have to pay for out of pocket.

The receptionist goes on to give me a lecture about so many woman don't think prenatal care is important and it's irresponsible to not make sure you're taking care of your baby. 

Huh?  Did she not hear me say that I've had three betas and going in for a second u/s.  Did she not hear me say I've had vial after vial of blood taken and have been tested for every auto-immune and STD out there?  Heck, the nurses check in with me every few days just to make sure I'm feeling OK.  I'm making sure I get prenatal care - and let's be honest moving my appointment 5 days is not the end of the world.

I guess some people just don't listen.

Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
EDD 2/22/2013
PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
imageimageimageimage
BabyFruit Ticker