June 2012 Moms

VENT!

This all happened during my seminar period (25 minutes per day) where I reteach concepts kids didn't understand to pass the reading assessment (they didn't pass it the first time).  I have a relationship with all of these kids.  Side note: I teach in a high poverty school.  Today, one decided he hated the idea of having to take a practice test for something he already knew (he did the worst out of all in my class).  As I tried to explain how this can help him, he was extremely disrespectful and outright mean!!!!!!  I just don't understand kids that act this way.  I feel like I see waaay to many teenagers on a daily basis that think it's OK to talk to adults the way they do.

Of course, I sent an e-mail to his administrator explaining what happened and the only way to punish him is to write him up.  We are allowed 10 write ups per year (they look down on teachers writing up students) and if we go over that, we have to meet with the principal. So far, I have none.  I'm just so frustrated because the only option I have is to send him to ISSR for a day, and he'll be out of my class, which he totally doesn't need!!!!!!!  VENT OVER.

BabyName Ticker