June 2012 Moms

Why everyone deserves a push present....

more than any other present you've ever received.  (Whether you agree or not.)

In the next 7-8 months.?..

- We will vomit, pee ourselves and grow stretch marks that will never go away.  

- We will eat healthy and abstain from all things delicious. 

- We will remove ourselves from career paths that many of us have worked a lifetime to achieve.

- We will dutifully serve as designated drivers and stand at parties with backs aching

During labor

- We will sign forms that say we might die.

- We will have injections that could cause paralysis.

- We will poop in front of strangers and loved ones.

- We may be cut and have our organs moved, to get our babies out. 

- We will be in pain, like we?ve never experienced before.

After labor

- We will not sleep a full night for years ? maybe decades

-  We will have weeks ? sometimes months ? of recovery. 

- We may never wear a cute bathing suit again. 

-  We will do 80-90% of the child care in the first year (generalizing here, I know. but in my observation, this is true)

-  Many of us will wear hideous nursing bras and leave important business meetings to pump.

We make these sacrifices willingly and happily, for the want and love of a child.   But, I for one am in awe of Mothers and what we all do to bring a child into this world.   We don?t deserve Christmas presents, we don?t deserve Valentine?s Day gifts.  I?m not even sure we deserve birthday presents.  But, I know deep in my heart, that we deserve a present of thanks from our husbands/SOs for all we're doing to create a family.

While the baby is also a present for me.  Primarily, the baby is MY present to DH and to our families.  We all deserve thanks for the immeasurable sacrifices we are just starting to make.  It doesn?t have to be a Tiffany bracelet or diamond stud earrings.  Simple flowers and a card would do.  But, I think we all have the right to EXPECT something. 

Don?t forget that you are still a person ? you?re not just a vehicle for a baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml