Upstate NY Babies

DH's nephew's gf just gave birth 3 months early...

Last night, DH's nephew's girlfriend gave birth to an little boy, 1 pound, 14 ounces.  She had HELLP and it started to go down hill over the last two weeks so they decided to take the baby at 27 weeks.  Apparently the mother recovered quickly from her issues, and the baby is doing well considering.

To add to the stress of having a baby that will be in the NICU for many months, the parents are all of 18 years old.  My nephew (I've met a handful of times) is a pretty immature college kid that attends school 3 hours from his hometown (in NC).  The gf is living on her own with no family support and is/was going to school to be a nurse and working as an aide in a nursing home.  My SIL said that the girl's parents called her while she was in the hospital last night to have her transfer her student loan money into their account so they could drive to see her and her 30 year old sister asked the same because her account was getting "a little low." 

They have, obviously, a very tough road ahead.  Anyone have ideas on something I could do to help?  I had planned on sending Evan's clothes down before the baby was born but am going to wait for now.  Any other suggestions?  Like I said, we're not terribly close to my in-laws (I am closest to nephew's mom out of the entire family) but can imagine this girl has little idea of who DH and I even are.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml