June 2012 Moms

Good morning!

Happy Monday June bugs! DH was out of town this weekend so I went through what will be the nursery and threw a bunch of stuff away. I've been meaning to do it anyway but now that there's a more exciting purpose it wasn't so dreadful. So I was talking to my sister yesterday who has two little ones and she was explaining to me that my first prenatal visit (which will be Nov 4) is about 2 hours long and that they don't do the vaginal ultrasound until the very end of the appointment! I knew it was going to be about 2 hours because they told me that on the phone but my sister said that both times when she had her first appointment, they take blood, they give you a shot or two, they give you all these pamphlets and go over everything with you and then at the very end they make sure you even have a baby in there!! Doesn't that sound crazy?! Please tell me this was just her crazy doctor and it's not like this everywhere. I will be a total nervous wreck if this is the case! And poor DH will have to just sit there for 2 hours in the waiting room before they even bring him into the room with me.