June 2012 Moms

selecting an ob/gyn

This is our first baby and I have no idea what to do.  I'm 5.5 weeks along right now.  I do not have a normal ob/gyn that I go to.  I see my primary physician for my annual exams.  And I haven't heard good things about the OBGYN that my doctor recommended to me.  Scratch that I haven't heard good things about her front office.  She sounds like a great doctor.  

So I've been researching and trying to set up consultation appointments with various doctors.  But apparently no one does that.  I have to set up a prenatal visit in 8 to 10 weeks where I'll have an ultrasound and so forth.  Is this normal?  I just want to sit with a doctor and ask questions and feel comfortable with them before having my first appointment as this is our first baby.  Any advice or tips on choosing an OBGYN or what to do?  Should I set up multiple appointments or just go to the first one I have scheduled and go from there?  Help please.

I honestly feel like Katherine Heigl in Knocked Up trying to find an OBGYN right now.