Single Parents

Hi, I'm new, please read my story :)

Hi everyone! First off I want to say that is community is so great! I'm so happy we all have each other! :) I've been reading past posts on here and everyone is so welcoming and supportive, which has made it easy for me to share my story with you all.

I am a 21 year old student majoring in primary education. I am 16 weeks along today and I am single. The father of my child and I were in a relationship together for 3 years. We broke up mainly because he lacked empathy and was very self absorbed. We remained friends for a few months... When I found out I was pregnant he strongly pushed for me to have an abortion, and if not at least an adoption. He stopped eating for days, would not get out of bed, skipped work for 2 or 3 days, while I was having morning sickness he too was throwing up because he was/is "physically sick about this all mess.". I still love him, as an individual, I believe in him, I always have, I wish he would work to be the best possible version of himself, I feel like my love is taken for granted. I tried to remain is friend through the past two months of him knowing I'm pregnant. We would see each other and have a good time until the baby topic came up and he would throw huge fits, he says he'd rather commit suicide than have a kid and spend his life with me. It's painful, after everything I've done and all of the help I offer and give he says hurtful things to me. It must be very tough on him however, I deserve better. So, I stepped away.

I told him that we need to be together and be as civil as possible with each other so that our child can have two parents if he does not agree with that then I'd rather he not play a role in our child's life at all. Was that the right thing to say? It felt like it was... He has not come to a decision and it keeps me up at night sometimes. So glad I have you all.

God bless! :)