Los Angeles Babies
Options

Cedars-Sinai vs Huntington - Stories please!

A little about me: 36 weeks pregnant, breeched (just found out) and switching doctors last minute!

After a stressful run with our first OB, we decided to get a second & third opinion, which has left rather confused!

On one hand we can go with a doctor that has great recommendations from our birthing teacher, and pro-natural labor contacts. He has rights at Cedars, which is our first choice, but we are not 100% sure "he" is our pick. We would prefer his partner, but he doesn't take insurance. However there's a chance we would get him anyway, due to the delivery date.

On the other, we have the option of a long time doctor used by everyone in my partner's family. We like him. Very confident, would let me go into natural labor and see if the baby turns on her own, but has privileges at Huntington Memorial. Which I hear is not as friendly towards natural, epidural free labors. Nor do they push for skin to skin contact and a slower more baby and mommy friendly postpartum as we would get at Cedars'.

I want to hear from you, your experiences, and that of the mothers around you! Maybe your stories will help me make my final decision.

P.S. I am currently seeing both doctors.

Thank you!!

Nugget Ticker image