June 2012 Moms

1st official appointment

Last week I went in to get my blood drawn quickly after hours, progesterone was on the low end of normal so they gave me some supplements to take.

Today, I went in and had my first ultrasound.  They ended up doing a vaginal u/s and saw the sac, but said it was too early to see much else.  After that I met with my doctor.  Based on my LMP, I should be in the 6 week range, but based on blood levels from last week and the u/s, they are guessing I am closer to 5 weeks. I was slightly concerned, but my OB informed me she would almost expect something like that because I have PCOS and she sees a lot of women with that end up a week beyond the estimate bsed off of LMP.

I am still cautiously excited about this pregnancy, feeling a little better though.  My birth mother works for my OB and she looked concerned when I first mentioned my pregnancy, but now she looks more confident when we discuss it, so that makes me feel much better.  Tomorrow I get my results from my second set of blood work and in a week I go back for another u/s.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml