Upstate NY Babies

WWYD re: tumbling class

Justin started a tumbling class about 5 weeks ago.  We're considering not taking him to the last two classes but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do.  He does great with the warm-up part of the class which involves small activities.  However, when it comes time for tumbling he does not participate like the other kids do.  He'll do the basic stuff but won't try a lot of what they teach,  Just as some background....Justin gets very nervous to try new things.  He hasn't even wanted to try a summersault (sp?).  He will not get up on the high balance beam either.  He's just never been a daring kid.  I feel like the teachers view his refusal to try this stuff as being difficult when he honestly is just nervous.  And another thing we've noticed since he started the classes is that he doesn't like them to touch him.  They do that a lot obviously, as they have to hold them on things or help them jump up on mats and such.  He turns away from them.  Last week was the worst week because he kept leaving the gym area to come over to us.  They have a play room and that's where he kept going.  Part of me wants him to finish out the two classes because I'm afraid if I don't expose him to this stuff then he'll always be scared.  Then again, there are only two classes left so not sure going will even change anything.  And then there's another part of me that says to not have him finish the two classes, as maybe it's just his age and eventually he'll grow out of this.  WWYD? 
Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers