June 2012 Moms

Parents have been told!

It was such a great night. I had a congratulations card and filled it out "Congratulations  - your grandchild is coming June 2012! :) " or something like that. We were in a crowded restaurant waiting for our table and I gave my parents the card. The first thing they said "what did you get us? why did you get us something? this is no special occasion..." I said just open it and you will see.

3...2...1...my mom SHRIEKED in the middle of the restaurant 3 times to where everyone turned and stared at her. It was hilarious. They were so happy and the rest of the night every 5 minutes i got an "oh my god" coming from her. She can't believe she's going to be a grandma and is already figuring out what the LO will call her. My dad was just as happy but not nearly as crazy as my mom :)

As a side note, my mom has been struggling with breast cancer on and off for 25 years and currently goes for treatments once a month. She definitely needed some joy, something to look forward to, and something to fight for...so I am thrilled she was so so happy!