June 2012 Moms

How's this for patient care? - long

My boobs have been HUGE and so sore since 11DPO.  I'm 7 weeks today and yesterday I woke up with my boobs feeling normal.  I was a little nervous, posted here, felt better.  Today I called the doctor because I wanted to be sure I could still have a viable pregnancy with disappearing symptoms at 7 weeks. (I've have no nausea at all.)

The nurse informed me that when symptoms go away early in pregnancy, women usually miscarry.  And no I couldn't be seen, I should just keep living like I'm pregnant and see what happens... Yeah, right!

So I drove an hour and a half to my GYN that doesn't deliver babies.  His nurse informed me that early symptoms can go away at any time and not to worry about it.  Then the dr. offered me an ultrasound or hcg quant today and Sunday.  I had my blood drawn, but all I really wanted was a medical professional to tell me things might still be ok.

I get that there is nothing they can do for a mc, and I'm still very early so it's a real possibility, but I thought it was lousy that she told me to wait for it and that was that.  And I have a clotting disorder and a clot right now, so I'm on anticoagulants.  I wonder how that affects a miscarriage?

So if the high risk dr. doesn't release me to the midwives at my next appointment, I'm switching hospitals.