June 2012 Moms

Intro, and an OBGYN question

Hello ladies!

I got my BFP yesterday (actually, 3 BFPs, ha ha). Based on my ovulation date, my FF estimated due date is June 18th, 2012. So I am joining your group! This will be our first baby.

I haven't made my first doctor's appointment yet, because it's still so early...I'm afraid of a chemical pregnancy. I'm going to wait until at least Tuesday (after I should get my period) to call and make an appointment.

At this point, it hasn't really sunk in yet. I've stayed off the 1st tri boards while TTC (as not to jinx myself Wink), so now I'm like, "Ok, I'm pregnant...now what???" Here's my question: I don't really like my GYN, and I don't think she's an OBGYN anyway. I also don't want to be referred to anyone in her practice, because we're about to move, and I'd rather pick a doctor closer to the new house. So can I just pick an OBGYN off of my insurance list and make a new patient appointment? I don't think my insurance requires me to have a referral, but do OBGYNs typically want one?

Nice to meet you ladies, and thanks in advance for your help! Looking forward to the months ahead!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml