Single Parents

Breakup with LO involved

So.. I had originally posted this in the Toddler:12-24m, not even thinking about there being a Single Parents board, and a few ladies reminded me about this :)I'm just copying and pasting (and editing a little) this new post. I am the only bio parent in DD's life (I haven't seen/spoken to her father since I was 3 months pregnant). Before DD was born, I actually started dating someone and we made things "official" a week after she was born.Well, DD turned a year on September 7th and BF and I celebrated our "one year" on September 15th.. and then we broke up on the 25th.I'm not pointing fingers or trying to bad mouth him, but it was mainly because I was tired of being treated as second best. We're both 21, but I act more responsibly than he does (although he is done with college and has a full-time job) .. 
He used to tell me, "you act like you're 40"..
I work 2 part-time jobs, am taking online classes to finish my degree, and take care of DD to the best of my abilities..I choose to sit at home with her on weekends rather than go to the bar with him and his friends.I'm scared about being single with DD. I know I don't need a man to make me happy, but being with BF for a year was easy, and its going to be rough starting over with someone new..
I don't intend on jumping into another relationship right away, because I really do want to reevaluate what I feel is important for DD and myself..  So I guess I really just need some motivation and "cheering" up. I don't want pity, just positive thoughts. I appreciate them. :)