January 2012 Moms

It's been too emotional of a week

And I just need a break from emotion!  Some friends of ours lost their 4 year old son to cancer on Thursday so that was #1, my in-laws came up for the weekend, which is always a bit stressful so that was #2.  Saturday night we went to see the movie "Courageous" which was an up and down emotional movie - #3, Sunday was church and because of everything going on was also emotional - #4.  Monday was the funeral for our friends 4 year old - which completely drained me and my husband so I think that qualifies for #5 & 6. 

Yesterday was ok.  Nothing really much so I guess I had a bit of a break.  This morning I wake up to a different friends facebook status to the tune of "I just want one of the cars driving by to drop off my son" which was posted at 4 in the morning.  This ladies 15 year old son walked a friend home last night and didn't come home after that.  He is home now, he went for a walk in the woods and got lost so he spent the night outside (not an easy thing here as it was right around freezing last night) but as it started to get light out this morning he found his way home, so we are all super thankful for that!  But add that to the rest of the week and I just can't handle anymore emotion.... but this weekend is Thanksgiving and we are travelling to see family (neither me nor my husband really want to go but we haven't seen some of these people for over 2 years) so it won't really be a restful weekend either.  I have a feeling I'm going to crash hard next week....

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010
natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks
Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012
Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks
Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012. We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers