Baby Names

Middle name for Ivy

This is kind of long, sorry in advance for that!

I'm trying to decide on a middle name for my daughter Ivy. I want to honor my grandfather, who was named Donald Everett. He was the main father figure in my life, and he died of cancer in June and we were both heartbroken when we realized that he wouldn't get to meet his first great grandbaby.

The options as I see it are Donna, Dawn, or Everett. I don't like Donna at all. I do like both Ivy Dawn or Ivy Everett (the double "v" sound doesn't bother me). My only problem with Ivy Dawn is that my mother is named Dawn, and while it would be special in its own way because growing up I remember hearing a thousand times "Do you mean Don, or Dawn?" when someone called or came to visit, I'm not sure if it would seem more like I was honoring my mother with the name than my grandfather. E middle names are also a tradition in my family, so it would be kind of nice to get to continue with that.

Would it be awful to use a boy's name for her middle name in this instance, or would you just go with Dawn? I'd really appreciate any input on this, because I am so thoroughly torn on the issue. My husband has no preference between the two, as long as I'm happy with the tribute.

Thank you all in advance! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml