January 2012 Moms

Let's vent! What are you SOOO sick of hearing??

I'm in a venting mood.  I'm about to go in to work a 12+ hour night shift, and I'm not excited.  I get all kinds of pregnancy tidbits all night from my coworkers.  Anyone want to join me in my venting?

I am SO sick of hearing...

...you are so small, you'll definitely have to have a C-section!  (I am terrified of having to have a c-section.  I may be super duper small normally, but small people have babies vaginally too!  My mom is one of the worst for telling me this)

...What?? You don't WANT a C-section?  (No, I'm not in favor of having my insides cut open unless they absolutely have to be.  I know many people want and hope to have a C-section, but I am not one of them!)

...your breastfeeding?  Oh you'll never make it!  Pumping and working here will be too hard.  (Yes I'm aware that I don't work in a very breastfeeding friendly environment.  Yes I'm aware I barely have time to pee as it is.  But give me some support people!)

...when you go into labor we'll be able to hear you all the way down here!  (I work on the same floor as L&D.  I'm not a screamer, and if you people don't stop making me feel like a zoo attraction, I'm going to make a point of not letting you know I'm here!)

...I hope I'm working when you go into labor so I can come see you all night!  (Really?  I'm a FTM, who is going to be in LABOR...Again I am not a zoo attraction.  I'll need to try to rest while I can.)

...you won't be able to work up until you have her.  You'll be on bedrest by then.  (Unless you suddenly started working for my OB and have access to my files, how would you possibly know if I have a chance of being put on bedrest?)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml