January 2012 Moms

Something you were not prepared for? (from already mommies to first time mommies)

I thought it might be good/fun/interesting to put up a post about things that you didnt expect with L&D, or the first time home with baby. Here are two things I wish I knew or was prepared for...feel free to share!

1.The body pain after labor. I was not at all prepared for or warned the amount of pain/soreness I had for the week or so following the birth of DS. I guess I just wansnt thinking that the amout of muscle strain from pushing and tensing from contractions would hurt so much! I knew I was going to have pain in my lady areas but I wasnt ready for that! Yikes!

2. Wash cloths. I know it sounds silly but a cool towel on my head was such a comfort during labor. In the room I was in there were only paper towels. Im sure had I asked I would have been able to get one but at that point I dont think I even thought about it. Had I had one in my go bag it would have been right there for DH. Im also putting one of those instant cold packs in this time! I was s hot during labor I was wishing they would fill the birthing tub with ice cubes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml