June 2012 Moms

Intro with a question

Hi everyone! I just got my BFP last night at 12DPO. I totally thought we were out as we only BD'd one time during my fertile window and it was on O day! My temp continued to go up though, so I remained hopeful! I had a pretty long cycle this time, thought I O'd back on like CD22 before I started temping and then my true O was confirmed on CD44! This was our 3rd cycle trying after stopping BC the end of May.

So, I usually go to my regular MD for doctor appointments and gyn/pap stuff. They do not cover ultrasounds and everything so I already have a OB/GYN place picked out for that. So if I want to have a blood test done to confirm pregnancy and to check betas, can I request this through my MD? I'm asking because I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get in right away with my new OB/GYN as I'm a new patient. The MD give me a referral (I guess that's what it's called) to send me to a lab for blood work, they don't do in house blood draws. Also, when they confirm pregnancy do they automatically check the HCG/beta levels at the same time?

I feel totally lost with all this!