January 2012 Moms

Need help/advice in trying to re-explain to DH...

Ok, a little background first. I have been on pelvic rest for low lying placenta since our ultrasound at 15wks. So we haven't had sex since then. At the beginning of the pregnancy I was so sick all the time that there was no way I felt like being romantic in any way. I was also still nervous about having sex while pregnant, because my first pregnancy miscarried at 8wks and it was right after having sex, which I know didn't cause it -- I just associated the two together.

So now at 22 weeks, my morning sickness has become manageable (thank you, Zofran), and I've gotten over the fear of sex causing miscarriage...but still pelvic rest. There are other joys of pregnancy that are rearing their ugly heads, like constant indigestion, soreness, the "not sexy because I feel pregnant" feeling. So engaging in anything intimate usually doesn't sound good to me. Granted when I do feel better (and weren't on pelvic rest) I would want to jump him all the time.

All of this has absolutely NOTHING to do with my attraction towards my husband and I thought that he understood this, but twice now he has gotten so upset and is taking it personally. I have tried to explain to him that it is just the pregnancy symptoms, and I am more sexually attracted to him than ever. Both time he has gotten upset, and this is the part that makes me mad, he rolls over and completely shuts down and gives me the cold shoulder. So I lay there feeling even more miserable, while trying not to get pissed off.

HELP! TIA!