January 2012 Moms
Options

Question for 2nd time moms!

My ILs live out of state and are already bugging us about when we're going to bring the baby to visit them.  Note:  My MIL is disabled and is unable to travel, so it's not really an options for them to come to us.

Obviously, I want my ILs to meet their granddaughter but I'm not down with the time frame they (specifically my MIL) are proposing.  She wants us to come visit at the end of Jan which just isn't going to happen.

We have two possible ways to travel.  1) An 18 hour drive each way (obviously depending on weather it could be longer) or 2) A relatively expensive flight (probably looking at $600 per person easy).

There's no way I'm going to do either of those options with a baby that's around 3 weeks old.  That's just insanity.  I told my IL's that we were considering coming out either in March while I'm still on mat leave (so when the baby is closer to 3 months) or for Easter...it will depend on what DH's work schedule looks like. 

I'm really against the whole 18 hour drive with an infant thing.  TBH, I'm against the whole 18 hour drive period.  I've done it a few times and it's awful.  So, my long winded way of coming to my questions:

1) Would you or have you traveled on an airplane with an infant around 3 months old?

2) How would you make this trip (plane or car)?

3) Do you think we should wait till LO is older to even consider making this trip?

Thanks!!!

Lots of love and luck to Squishy622 (Welcome Maya!) and salt78 (Welcome Betty!) <3<3<3 <br> ~*Much luck, love, and unicorn farts to my BFPB ukcats (Welcome Avery!)*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
imageimage
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
My BFP Chart * January 2012 Blog * January 2012 EDD List