Upstate NY Babies

Prof Pics

We got dd's 2 yr old and our family photos tonight.  I have been stalking the weather forecast...watching it go from 40% rain 10 days ago down to just a chance today.  I really wanted outdoor pics, so I am so glad we got good weather.  We did them at a near-by park/playground.  So some happy pics of dd playing on the playground and then we did family shots over by the trees and picnic table areas.  I brought dd's lovey to get some nice pics with her with that since I figure that will be a sweet memory.  Shooting outside was soooo much nicer and less stressful than in a studio.  And dd has this new fake smile thing going on, so this way we were able to get real smiles.  I can't wait to see the pics!

And for moms of 2+: If you still do prof pics on the kid's bday...when do you do family shot, especially if the kids have several months in between their birthdays.  Do you just pick 1 kid, or get them at both.  DH hates photos, although he said this was better than last year in the studio (even though some of those were outside, they were still heavily posed).  I am thinking maybe we will still do family shots on dd's bday in aug/sept since we are more apt to get good weather.  And then just do smaller ds-only shots on his bday in january.