January 2012 Moms

Shower Guest List - Is this too tacky?

The host (my mother) has asked me to make a guest list of people I'd like to be invited to the shower. When I got married, I used weddingwire.com to keep up with my guest list, so I went back to that list and took a lot of the people & addresses from that, so that made things somewhat easier. However that thing is a couple of years old now, and a lot of people have moved, etc.

How horribly tacky would it be for me to make a facebook post asking for addresses? Most of these people were also invited to the wedding shower, and a great deal of them didn't show up (without letting us know they wouldn't be coming). I hate to send them an invitation and have a repeat of that, where we plan for X amount of people to be there...and only a 1/3 of those people show. (Most of those people being my husband's family).

I feel like there are maybe a few people who I am friends (but not close friends) with now who may want to come, but I'm afraid I'm wrong and it'd seem gift grabby and selfish to send them an invite. On the other hand, I don't want to offend them by not sending one. So I thought maybe if I made a wall post something to the extent of, "I'm trying to help my shower hostess gather addresses to send out invitations, so feel free to drop me your address in a message!" that it might give me a hint as to if those people actually are interested or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml