January 2012 Moms

Listeria and pregnancy

Okay so I?m being paranoid I?m sure, but I?m needing some thoughts. So normally I heat up any deli sandwiches, but in a rush and no access to a microwave, I grabbed a ham & cheese sandwich with a pudding parfait. When I got to the parfait I noticed after getting through the whipped cream that the pudding was sour. I threw it away, but now I?m super worried about the cold deli meat I ate. Maybe it was just a fluke and the parfait was expired or something?.but I can only trust that the company store I bought it from here at work would have thrown away all the food items had there been something wrong with the cooler itself?.ugh but again I?m nervous about it.

Listeria is found on hot dogs, deli meat, and even raw veggies if not washed, cooked, and/or packaged properly. Should I be concerned??? It tasted fine what if the deli meat got warm and then cold again? And of course things I read online freak me out saying if you get the bacteria then symptoms may not occur for 2-70 days. Oh and pregos may not have any symptoms or very mild flu-like feelings. Great?I suppose the only thing I can do is bring it up to my doctor next week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml